Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Musings on Reno

No wonder so many people get divorced when renovating or building.

This stuff is killer stressful.  The comparison shopping.  The perpetual surprises.  The crap you still don't know after years and years of HGTV and other home improvement channels, shows, blogs, books, magazines, and personal horror stories.

It's a rollercoaster of "COOL!" and "crap."

No surprise: I like the shopping aspect.  But I can get tired of my sweat equity portion of the investment when the pain starts keeping me up at night.  And then I start thinking about the lack of floor under that old cast iron tub. 

How much is THIS going to cost?

I bought two tubs.  At work, we make fun of people that hit "submit" more than once for tickets - it's humiliating to realize that my need to have everything timed out like a meal: demo, plumbing, construction, install - with delivery scheduled to follow construction close as a frog's hair -  I believed the web site when it said I still had a clawfoot tub package in my shopping cart.

Nice visual, eh?   

Had to email for a refund and I will have to stay on them, transfer funds to the card from Paypal. Argh.

AND, I got a call about starting to train for my second job.  Sigh.

Well, I do need to pay for that second tub. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment